Although Apple devices offer innovative technology and high quality, they fall short in terms of flexibility. However, you can personalize your iOS experience by installing tweaks from Cydia, a directory of applications that can expand the options available on your iOS device. Jailbreaking your iPhone or iPad is an essential step if you want to install Cydia on your device. The problem is that many users are afraid of damaging their iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch and voiding the warranty if they attempt to jailbreak them.
If you would like to get access to Cydia without having to jailbreak your iOS device, keep reading because here we’ll present two ways to do it. There are two methods that should enable you to access the world of Cydia and the variety of apps that it offers, without putting your device at risk. These options are suitable for iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPad Mini and iPad Air. Following the below options, you will be able to install Cydia on your iOS device running iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9 or iOS 10. No jailbreak required.
We’ll start with the easiest option to install Cydia on your iOS device without jailbreaking it. You don’t need advanced technical knowledge to complete the steps.
- Download Cydia from Open App Market: www.openappmkt.mobi an option for iOS 10 is also available. You just need to press the “Get it” button to download the app for free.
- Once the download is completed, a popup will appear. Press the “Add” button.
- Press “Add to Home Scree” and tap on Add button.
- The Cydia icon will appear on your device screen. Tap on it and allow some time of the installation process to complete. Once Cydia is installed, you will be able to access apps and games that are not available in the App Store.
The second option is to use a third party app that enables you to get Cydia on your iOS device. The app in question is called vSSH and you can find it in the App Store. There is a Lite version available for free and a premium version starting at $3.99.
- Donwload vSSH and install it on your device. On the screen, you will see a “quick connect to network” option.
- Enter the IP address of your internet connection.
- On your device, go to Settings, then select WiFi and Open connected network. Below this option you will see the IP address of your WiFi connection.
- In the vSSH app, go to IP Host and enter your IP address.
- On your iOS device, scroll down and tap on “enter user name” and enter your username
- At the top of the app, tap on Connect. Two popups will appear on the screen, select “Just Once”.
- You will be asked to enter a password. Use “alpine” as a password.
- Tap “Back” at the top of the screen and the copy this code and enter it in the next screen: WGET -Q -O /TMP/CYINSTALL.SH HTTP://DOWNLOADS.KR1SIS.NET/
CYINSTALL.SH && CHMOD 755 /TMP/CYINSTALL.SH && /TMP/CYINSTALL.SH
- Go to Return. The download will start automatically. Once it is completed, your device will automatically restart.
- Now you should see the Cydia icon on the screen. You just need to press it to get access to the apps it supports.